We’re excited that you’re considering joining the GCA family! We know that choosing the right high school for your child is a big decision, and we are here to help. We would welcome the opportunity to give you a tour and answer your questions so that you can make an informed decision about your child's future.
The biggest question you may have is, “Why should I choose Georgia-Cumberland Academy?” What follows are highlights of what makes GCA special. The simple answer is that God is the central focus of all that we do, but the multi-faceted answer is that we provide a lot of opportunities for students to grow spiritually, mentally, physically, and socially.
GCA's mission is to foster an educational environment of excellence where students, faculty, and staff pursue a shared goal to know Jesus as Savior and Friend, to love God and those He brings into our lives, and to serve the church and society.
Our Core Values
We endeavor to pursue our mission in the context of a positive Christian environment that emphasizes:
- Spiritual growth
- Commitment to academic integrity
- Respect for God, people, and our world
- A healthy, active lifestyle
Georgia-Cumberland Academy is accredited by:
- Middle States Association
- GAPSAC (Georgia Private School Accreditation Council)
- Adventist Accrediting Association
- We offer six Advanced Placement courses.
- We teach two dual credit college classes.
- The GCA Scholars program provides high-performing students
with extracurricular learning opportunities and activities.
- Approximately 90 percent of faculty and staff hold advanced degrees.
- Approximately 95 percent of GCA graduates go on to attend college.
- Chorale (choir)
- Camerata (select touring choir)
- Concert Band
- Sinfonietta (orchestra)
- Magnify Worship (praise and worship)
- Women's and men's basketball
- Women's and men's soccer
- Women's volleyball
- Acroflyers gymnastics team
- Intramurals (basketball, volleyball,
soccer, flag football, floor hockey)
Fine Arts Opportunities
- Testify Christian Theater (drama)
- Media productions (audio, video, streaming)
As you consider whether GCA is a good fit for you and your child, it really boils down to God's leading. If you believe He wants you to join the GCA family, then we would love to make that happen. We are praying that God will direct you to the right school for your academic experience.
Director of Enrollment Services