The mission of Magnify Worship is for students in the program to "live in such a way that others see Jesus through our words, our actions, and our worship." The program is dedicated to developing young leaders for service in the church. Emphasis is placed on who we worship, why we worship, and how to lead in worship.
The following passages of Scripture form the pillars of our program and serve as the basis for the truths we want our students to live out in their lives:
- Romans 12 – We are to live our life for God and use our spiritual gifts for His glory; we are called to love one another.
- Psalm 33 – We were created to worship our Creator, for He is majestic and merciful and good.
- 1 Peter 2:1-12 – God has chosen us and He calls us to serve Him and reject the ways of the world.
- 1 Timothy 4:6-16 – God calls those who lead to a high standard of godliness because we are to be an example to those around us. We must be mindful of how we live our lives because people are watching us.
- Romans 8 – We are free from sin through Christ and are heirs of the kingdom of heaven; God’s Spirit dwells in us; nothing can separate us from God.
- Philippians 4:4-9 – Don’t worry about the trials of this world, instead pray about everything, and rejoice over the blessings that God gives you. Fix your thoughts on what is pure and of God, and you will find peace.
After eight years of program development, Mark Torsney and Kalie Kelch, worship program instructors, along with a friend and colleague, Richard Hickam, published Magnify Worship: Music Education and Leadership Development, a multi-year worship curriculum for Adventist schools and churches.