At the heart of Magnify Worship is the mission to train teens to be worship pastors, teaching them to live in such a way that others see Jesus through their words, actions, and worship. Magnify Worship educates students in the ministry of worship leadership, focusing on who we worship, why we worship, and how to lead in worship.
What began with a group of five students has blossomed into a program that equips approximately 50 students a year with the skills necessary to minister in the church. A large majority of the students who graduate from the program continue to serve in college and beyond.
Magnify Worship has expanded into a multi-faceted program:
- Magnify Worship: Music Education and Leadership Development (a multi-year worship curriculum)
- Songwriting and recording (check out our music on Spotify, Apple Music, YouTube, and Amazon)
- Onsite worship clinics (we'll come to you and put on a weekend clinic for your school or church)
- Magnify Worship festival (every February we welcome 7-12 graders to GCA for a weekend clinic)
This program significantly impacts the lives of the students who join Magnify Worship, which in turn affects the overall spiritual atmosphere at GCA, but don't just take our word for it.
- “I came to GCA my senior year of high school with a low confidence in my spiritual abilities to lead. I loved worshipping through music, but I had never been given the opportunity or the resources I needed to lead worship. I joined the worship program at GCA on a whim, not knowing I would grow into a confident worship leader who understood what worship truly is under the guidance of two inspiring teachers.” Laia Burgos, GCA alumna, class of 2015
- “I have had the privilege of experiencing Magnify Worship from a variety of perspectives. As a faculty member, the impact I saw it have on the entire school was amazing to witness and the spiritual climate it created was incredible—students were leading students to give their hearts to God. Currently as a pastor, I actively recruit GCA graduates of the worship program to my church because I know what they have been taught and what they are capable of doing. These kids are game changers!” Jim Lewellen, pastor of the Collegedale Community Church
- “The worship program has really expanded my knowledge about God, how to be a good leader, and how to use my God-given talents for Christ. I love spending the class periods bonding with my praise band. When I was a freshman, I mainly joined because my brother had joined, and it sounded like a pretty fun class. Now I know how much it has influenced me in growing closer to God and being a spiritual leader!” Emma Tol, GCA alumna, class of 2020
If you would like more information, please contact us at [email protected].