Join us February 29-March 1! Acrofest provides 5th-8th graders an opportunity to develop gymnastics skills by working with the GCA Acroflyers team and coaches. All skill levels are invited to attend. Students rotate through various stations that focus on acrosports, tossing, pyramids, tumbling, three-highs, and other activities. Not only will attendees be working to build their skills, but they will also be putting together a show that will be performed on Sunday afternoon.
Also available is the chance for students to complete their Tumbling and Balancing Pathfinder honor. We would love to see individual Pathfinders, as well as whole clubs, join us to take advantage of this opportunity.
Individuals who would like to participate should complete our online registration form. The cost to attend, which includes food and lodging, is $35. A broad overview of the event schedule and the packing list follow.
- 7:00-7:30 pm | Registration
- 7:30-8:15 pm | Welcome/Warm-up
- 8:15-10:30 pm | Practice
- 10:45 pm | Dismissal
- 7:15-8:00 am | Breakfast
- 8:00-8:15 am | Worship
- 8:15-11:45 am | Practice
- 11:50-12:20 pm | Contests
- 12:20-1:00 pm | Lunch
- 1:00-3:00 pm | Practice for Show
- 3:30-4:00 | Show
- Sleeping bag and pillow
- Toiletries (toothbrush, toothpaste, shampoo, deodorant, etc.)
- Water bottle
- Exercise clothes (please wear spandex underneath any short shorts)
- Air mattress/pad (if desired)