Come visit us! Academy Days is a two-day event open to all 7th-11th graders. During your time at GCA, you'll meet the teachers, hang out with GCA students, tour the campus, play games, experience the spiritual programming and musical groups, and get a taste of campus life.
There is no cost for students to attend. Meals are provided, and lodging is available in the dorms for students from outside the Calhoun area. Parents are invited to attend, and students may choose to stay with their parents or in the dorm. Special rates at local hotels are available for families who would like to visit.
Students who would like to audition for band and orchestra scholarships may contact Mark Torsney, instrumental music director, at email@example.com to schedule an appointment between 10:00 a.m. and 12:00 p.m. on Friday.
- 10:00-12:30 pm | Registration (GCA Church)
- 11:45-12:15 pm | Lunch
- 12:45-1:15 pm | Welcome and Worship
- 1:15-3:00 pm | Campus Tours/Meet the Teachers
- 3:00-4:00 pm | Extracurricular Fair
- 3:30-4:20 pm | Recreation
- 3:45-4:30 pm | Parent Q&A
- 4:30-5:30 pm | Dorm Life and Village Life
- 5:30 pm | Supper
- 7:30 pm | Vespers
- 8:30 pm | Afterglow
- 10:00 am | Sabbath School
- 11:10 am | Worship Service
- 12:30 pm | Lunch
- 2:00-5:00 pm | Afternoon Activities
- 5:30 pm | Supper
- 7:00 pm | Eventide
- 8:15 pm | Parent Financial Seminar/Student Games
- 9:15 pm | Acroflyers Show
- 10:00 pm | Giveaways/Scholarship Drawings
- 10:30 pm | Check out of the dorm and head home (if leaving Saturday night)
- 10:00 am | Brunch
- 11:00 am | Check out of the dorm and head home (everyone must be out of the dorm by this time)
- Sleeping bag and pillow
- Toiletries (toothbrush, toothpaste, shampoo, deodorant, etc.)
- Clothes for play, vespers, and church
- Air mattress/pad (if desired)
If you have additional questions about Academy Days or are unable to attend and would like to schedule a private tour, please contact Jeff Freeman, director of enrollment services, at 706-625-7139 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
We hope to see you there!