Come visit our campus! Academy Days is an event open to all 8th-11th graders. During your time at GCA, you'll meet the teachers, hang out with GCA students, tour the campus, play games, experience the spiritual programming and musical groups, and get a taste of campus life.
This school year, we are structuring Academy Days a bit differently. We will host three Academy Days events on October 30-31, January 22-23, and March 26-27. Each event is limited to 30 participants, and registration is on a first come, first serve basis. This is in an effort to provide prospective students an opportunity to visit our campus, while maintaining a safe environment for everyone involved.
There is no cost for students to attend. Meals are provided, and lodging is available on campus for school groups and off campus for individual students and chaperones from outside the Calhoun area.
Students who would like to audition for band and orchestra scholarships may contact Mark Torsney, instrumental music director, at [email protected] to schedule an appointment between 10:00 a.m. and 12:00 p.m. on Friday.
- 10:00-12:30 pm | Registration (GCA Church)
- 11:45-12:15 pm | Lunch
- 12:45-1:15 pm | Welcome and Worship
- 1:15-3:00 pm | Campus Tours/Meet the Teachers
- 3:00-4:00 pm | Extracurricular Fair
- 3:30-4:20 pm | Recreation
- 3:45-4:30 pm | Parent Q&A
- 4:30-5:30 pm | Dorm Life and Village Life
- 5:30 pm | Supper
- 7:30 pm | Vespers
- 8:30 pm | Afterglow
- 10:00 am | Sabbath School
- 11:10 am | Worship Service
- 12:30 pm | Lunch
- 2:00-5:00 pm | Afternoon Activities
- 5:30 pm | Supper
- 7:00 pm | Eventide
- 8:15 pm | Parent Financial Seminar/Student Games
- 9:15 pm | Acroflyers Show
- 10:00 pm | Giveaways/Scholarship Drawings
- 10:30 pm | Check out of the dorm and head home (if leaving Saturday night)
- 10:00 am | Brunch
- 11:00 am | Check out of the dorm and head home (everyone must be out of the dorm by this time)
- Sleeping bag and pillow
- Toiletries (toothbrush, toothpaste, shampoo, deodorant, etc.)
- Clothes for play, vespers, and church
- Air mattress/pad (if desired)
If you have additional questions about Academy Days or are unable to attend and would like to schedule a private tour, please contact Jeff Freeman, director of enrollment services, at 706-625-7139 or [email protected].
We hope to see you there!