Usage Policy for GCA Guest Wireless (HotSpot) Access
About this Agreement Please Carefully read these terms and condition before accessing Georgia-Cumberland Academy(GCA)-GuestWireless. If you continue to use this free service to access the Internet, it confers that you have read and agree to the terms of usage outlined.
GCA is offering public Internet access for persons with wireless-enabled devices. This service allows users to connect to Internet. This service uses GCA’s network resources to connect to the Internet. Anyone using the wireless service must abide by the Internet Usage Policy for Wireless Access. Users who violate the terms of this policy, other GCA policies or use the network for abusive, malicious or illegal activity will be banned from the network and may be subject to prosecution.
• Wireless access is filtered. Restriction of access for minors is the responsibility of the parent or guardian. GCA and/or staff are not responsible for materials available on the Internet that may be viewed by minors.
• GCA makes no warranty, expressed or implied, for the timeliness, accuracy, or usefulness for any particular purpose of information accessed via the Internet.
• Users must comply with the United States copyright law and all other applicable laws.
• It is illegal to use the GCA’s Internet connection for any purpose that violates U.S. or State laws, including, but not limited to transmission of obscene materials, child pornography, defamatory speech, or any activity that can be deemed of a terrorist nature.
• Wireless hotspots are not secure environments. Information sent to and from your wireless device can be captured by anyone with the appropriate knowledge and software. GCA and/or its staff are not responsible for the security of a user’s personal information.
• GCA and/or its staff are not responsible for loss of, or damage to, a user’s data, software or hardware, changes to configuration settings, security or data files due to use of the GCA’s wireless Internet access.
• Users may download and upload files to and from their personal devices but any damage caused through that practice is not the responsibility of the GCA.
• GCA is not responsible for any damage done by viruses, Trojans, worms, or any other malicious programs transmitted to a user’s device through our wireless Internet access. Users are encouraged to have current anti-virus software running on their personal wireless devices.
• There is no printer available to wireless access users.
• There is no guarantee that individual users will be able to make a wireless connection • Your MAC address (the built-in network card identifier on your computer) and you computer name will be recorded and associated with your browsing, which is also logged.
• GCA's staff will provide limited assistance to users in making a connection or needing any other assistance of a technical nature. GCA and/or its staff are not responsible for loss of, or damage to, a user’s data, software or hardware, changes to configuration settings, security or data files due to GCA’s staff rendering any technical assistance.