Spam In Your Inbox
What Is Spam?
Spam e-mail has the following characteristics:
- Identical or nearly identical messages are sent to a large number of recipients.
- The recipients have not granted deliberate, explicit, and still-revocable permission for the messages to be sent.
- The transmission and reception of the messages appear to the recipients to give a disproportionate benefit to the sender.
How Do Spammers Get My E-Mail Address?
Spammers can get your e-mail address in a variety of ways:
- They find your e-mail address on a public web site.
- They use viruses and spyware to harvest e-mail address and other personal information from address books and messages on your computer or a computer that has your personal information.
- They use programs to guess e-mail addresses based on variations of other e-mail addresses.
- Sometimes messages sent to guessed addresses contain instructions that verify your e-mail address when the messages are opened with a web browser or other program that interprets HTML.
In addition, spammers routinely sell and trade lists of e-mail address.
What If Authentic E-Mail is Sent to Spam?
You can setup up a filter for the user that you know. Below are the instructions for setting up that filter.
- Click the cog icon in the top-right corner and then under Your app Settings, click Mail
- Under Accounts, Click Block or Allow
- Under Safe Senders and Recipients, type Renweb.com,gcasda.org and/or Ccsend.com
- Click Save
Mark Messages as 'Not Spam
- In Gmail, navigate to the spam folder.
- Search for emails containing Renweb.com, gcasda.org and/or Ccsend.com
- Select all the emails shown.
- Click More and then Not spam.
Crate a filter for the address
- Click the cog icon in the top-right corner, and then Settings
- Click on Filters and then Create a new filter
- enter the renweb.com, gcasda.org or Ccsend.com of the email you want to whitelist in the From field or
- Click Create filter with this search
- In the box headed When a message arrives that matches this search select Never send it to spam
- Click the Create filter button
- Mouse over the Settings menu icon and select Settings
- Click Filters and then Add
- Enter a Filter Name
- Enter renweb.com, gcasda.org and/or ccsend.com to whitelist in the Sender field.
- Select Inbox as the folder to deliver the email to
- Click Save and then click Save again