The learning community at Georgia-Cumberland Academy consists of teachers and learners who work together to discover knowledge and skills that will prepare students for success in life and future educational experiences.
Teachers facilitate the learning process through the development of:
- Culture of academic excellence
- Preparedness for higher education
- A Christian worldview that will help students interact with their culture responsibly
The tools utilized to facilitate the discovery of skills and knowledge necessary for future success are:
- Technology as delivered through our one-to-one laptop program
- Collaborative work between teachers to coordinate learning experiences across the curriculum in ways that will enhance student success
- A learning resource center and peer tutoring to provide additional help and resources as needed
Our high academic standards prepare students for success in higher education with approximately 95% of our students pursuing college or university educations after graduation. Our student test scores demonstrate the success of our academic programs, as well, with our students consistently outperforming the national averages on the SAT and ACTs.
GCA students may choose a standard or college preparatory diploma by taking courses in:
- Computer Education
- Fine Arts
- Foreign Languages
- Health and Physical Education
- History and Social Studies