GCA is pleased to host its 24th annual golf tournament on Friday, April 5, 2019 during the 2019 alumni weekend celebration. We are also excited to announced that the tournament will be held at Fields Ferry Golf Club in Calhoun, Georgia.
Registration begins at 9 a.m. with a welcome and prayer at 9:45 a.m. and a shotgun start at 10 a.m.
Cost and Proceeds
The cost for an individual is $95 per adult or $70 per student. The cost for a foursome is $380. This includes lunch, two mulligans, and a cart. All proceeds from the tournament will go toward student scholarships and GCA’s major funding initiative, Continuing the Mission.
Awards will be given to the individual who hits the longest drive and the one who gets closest to the pin. Golfers can also compete in the Happy Gilmore contest.
Organize your own foursome, or you can be placed in a group. The format will be a four-person select shot, with three flights of players. The tournament welcomes men and women.
Alumni Cup Challenge
Organize a team of four alumni from the same class or three alumni and one former or current staff member and compete for the Alumni Cup.
If you would like to sponsor the golf tournament, click here.
Last year the GCA golf tournament raised more than $20,000 thanks to our golfers and sponsors. The following sponsorship opportunities are available:
- Platinum Sponsor $1,500 (includes four golfers)
- Gold Sponsor $1,000 (includes four golfers)
- Silver Sponsor $500 (includes two golfers)
- Hole Sponsor $250 (includes one golfer)
Last Year’s Major Sponsors
We would like to thank our sponsors from last year who helped to make our tournament a success.
- Momon Construction, Inc.
- Johnny & Georgia (Butterfield) O’Brien
- Mark, ‘74 and Brenda (Brown), ’76, Richardson
- West Georgia Endodontics Dennis Starkey, D.D.S.
- Einhellig Family
- Georgia-Cumberland Conference
- Gordon Hospital
- Gene & Bobby Jean Harrison - Enterprises & Family In Memory of Steve GCA ’81
- Eddie & Debbie Klein, Class of 1974
- Performance Food Service Miltons
- Southern Union Youth Ministries
- George Whitman ’68